When to Register
St. Mary School accepts registration for Kindergarten at any time. Families are encouraged to register as soon as you decide to send your children to St. Mary School.
Registrations are dated at the time they are received in the school office. Class openings are filled on a first-come basis according to the following criteria:
- Children of active/registered parishioners;
- Children from families who have changed residence and were active, registered participants in another Catholic parish;
- Children from families who have been registered in St. Mary Parish but not actively participating for at least six months, and children from Catholic families outside the parish; and,
- Children of non-Catholic families.
- Siblings of current St. Mary students receive priority consideration in each category.
St. Mary parishioners and families with children attending St. Mary School will receive priority consideration for available class openings on a first-come basis from the date of registration until classes reach capacity.
As in all grades, children attending Kindergarten at SMS have first choice to the available spaces in the next grade (in this case first grade) the following year.
- A Birth Certificate and Baptismal Record must be presented at the time of registration if the child was not baptized in St. Mary Parish.
- Proof of Residence is required for those who reside in the Cincinnati Public School district (i.e. a copy of a current utility bill).
- Medical Records: Before a child may attend any school in the State of Ohio he/she must meet the following vaccination requirements:
- four or more doses of DPT
- one rubella vaccine
- four or more doses of Polio vaccine
- one measles vaccine the second MMR
- Record of these vaccines must be submitted to St. Mary School before the child will be admitted to class.